Saturday, September 16, 2006

Happiest I have ever been!

Dads,
My mom and dad always told me growing up that as Pedersen's we live by the motto "Never Never Quit"! This is incredible advice. If you have gone through a rough custody battle and divorce, in many cases you will hit rock bottom in other areas of your life. In fact, it is very common for men to lose their job after a long extended custody battle. There are many reasons for this which can be discussed at another time, but the key to always remember is that things will get better. In fact, I am TRULY the happiest I have ever been in my life with the exception of losing time with my incredible son and daughter! BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, THE PAIN OF NOT HAVING MY KIDS 50/50 IS VERY PAINFUL AND THAT WILL NEVER BE ERASED NOR FORGIVEN.

There is someone out there that will make you feel the way Angela does for me. When you hit rock bottom you probably dated a few different people and this is what I regret most. If you are dealing with the pain of losing time with your children it is very difficult to chose someone to date that is not a nut case or similar to your ex-wife. Try to use this time to heal even though it is comforting to have someone by your side.

I will soon be married for all of the RIGHT reasons, unlike before. Angela and I have been friends for many years and this makes the relationship so much more incredible. I am not getting married because she became pregnant (she is not but just an example), I did not meet her on some online dating website or in a bar, I took my time in truly deciding who was best for me and my children. Thank God she thinks we are the best for her!

Angela is so smart and she challenges me this way! I love it and it gives us a ton to think about. She is not just a Nurse but she is a nurse that performs very advanced procedures and works in a critical and skilled unit. If my children and I ever had an emergency she would be calm, cool and would respond in a way that would save our lives. I hope this never happens obviously! Angela is very genuine and not fake. She does not have a history of jumping from one relationship or family to another...very stable person mentally. She is tender and very loving to my children and that was the most important thing for me. On top of myself she wil be an incredible role model. Every day I look at her I can not believe that someone like her exists...she amazes me in too many ways to even begin to write them down. Her beauty is both internal and external. My family adores her beyond anything I have ever seen or witnessed. In fact, my dad just wrote me an email about Angela and how much the family loves her.

Angela took on an incredible load knowing the high drama that comes from my ex-wife. Never once has she bad mouthed my ex-wife in front of the kids, this is unlike someone I had dated previous to Angela. I respect her for this so much. I lost my job and Angela and I have struggled very much in trying to make all of our required payments plus the $1,200 a month for child support. Typical and similar to the entire divorce and custody battle a TEMPORARY reduction in support was fought by the ex. This is NOT common! I am still current on support and we struggle to make our payments on very basic things. The kids always come before us when there is anything left of her check and my unemployment check. I am not ashamed of losing my job and in the end it has proven to be the best thing that has happened because I am soon to take a position with another company that pays roughly what Abbott did and has better benefits. In addition to that this job will allow more flexibility with my kids and I will not have to work the insane hours I did during respiratory season. Losing my job with Abbott has been better for me and the kids now that I have landed this new job still in pharma sales.

I will always have severe pain from the loss of time with my children. However is this happens to you, NEVER NEVER QUIT! I truly have found a best friend and a life partner and very soon even a better job. I adore and respect Angela and am I proud to soon call her my wife. She has stood by my side and has always believed in us. This is the Pedersen way. I honestly thank God for her EVERY DAY. With the exception of my children and losing time with them I am the happiest i have ever been in my entire life. Do not ever give up! Our organization offers support as well as several others...in fact I have met some incredible friends that will also last a lifetime through these support groups. Hang in there everyone and remember to attend the rally. IT WILL BE HUGE! Robert Allen Pedersen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home